- Yield: 24 pieces 1x
4 flour tortillas, small, whole wheat
4 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat
8 baby carrots
1 cucumber, small
1 bell pepper, small
Sharp knife (adult use)
- Wash hands; get out ingredients and utensils.
- Use butter knife to cut each piece of cucumber into 6-8 strips, set aside.
- Use butter knife to cut each piece of bell pepper into 4 strips, set aside.
- Place tortilla on plate.
- Use butter knife to spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese over tortilla.
- Place 8 carrot pieces along one edge of tortilla and fold over.
- Place 6-8 cucumber sticks beside rolled over carrots on tortilla and fold over.
- Place 4 bell pepper strips beside folded over cucumbers on tortilla and roll up completely.
- Repeat steps 4-8 with remaining ingredients.
- Use butter knife to slice each rolled tortilla into 6 pieces.
- Enjoy your Vegetable Sushi Rolls!
Adults: Wash hands and vegetables. Use a sharp knife to quarter (cut into 4 pieces) baby carrots lengthwise and set aside. Cut and throw away ends of cucumber and bell pepper; quarter and set aside.
Change it up! Try to make Vegetable Sushi Rolls with different vegetables. Instead of carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers, try celery, zucchini or radishes. Instead of cream cheese, try peanut butter or hummus. Dip sushi into low-fat ranch dressing or salsa for added flavor.
- Serving Size: 6 pieces
- Calories: 178
- Sodium: 407mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 8mg