Cost and nutrition facts use catfish.
1 pound fish (catfish or salmon)
24 cherry tomatoes
1 bell pepper, cut into 24 pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lemon, cut into wedges
To taste salt and pepper
- Clean fish and pat dry.
- Coat all sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Cut fish into 24 pieces.
- Slide a piece of fish onto skewer, then tomato, then bell pepper. Repeat 2 times on each skewer.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place skewers in pan and turn every 2 minutes until all sides have been cooked.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge over the top for added flavor and serve warm.
Make with local fish or seafood, could be salmon, catfish, white fish, trout or shrimp. Instead of tomatoes and bell pepper, try onions, squash or asparagus. Fruit like pineapple chunks or peaches could be added. Skewers can also be made in the oven or on the grill.
- Serving Size: 2 Skewers
- Calories: 170
- Sodium: 55mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: Catfish, Tomatoes, Main dishes