1 medium apple
2 slices cheddar cheese, 1 oz. per slice, halved
Sharp knife (adult use)
Apple corer (adult use)
- Wash hands; get out ingredients and utensils.
- Place 1 apple ring on the plate.
- Add ½ cheese slice on top of apple ring.
- Place an apple ring on top of the cheese.
- Add another ½ cheese slice on top of the stack.
- Top with a third apple ring.
- Repeat steps 2-6 with left over ingredients.
- Enjoy your Apple Sandwich!
Adults: Wash hands and apple. Use an apple corer to remove core. Use a sharp knife to slice cored apple into 6 thin rings. Or, skip the corer and cut slices around the core.
Change it up! Try to make the apple sandwich using other fruits or vegetables. Try different colors of apples or use pear slices instead of the apple. Peanut butter could also be used in place of the cheese slices.
- Serving Size: 3 rings and 1 cheese slice
- Calories: 167
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 30mg